- What information is collected;
- How IDT uses the information;
- How IDT may share collected information; and
- How IDT customers can access and update collected information.
For the purposes of this privacy statement, "corporate affiliates" means any entity or joint venture that is wholly or partially owned or controlled by Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. "Business partners" means any subcontractor, vendor, or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services, or information. "Personal information" means information that identifies you, such as your name, telephone number, and email address.
Consent and data transfer
For our customers in Belgium and the European Union, please note that IDT (as a US-based company) operates also through its direct and indirect subsidiaries in countries outside of the European Union (including the US) and may involve third parties. If you use this site, all information, including personal information, will be transferred to Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (including subcontractors that may be maintaining and/or operating our site) in the United States and elsewhere and may be transferred to third parties that may be located anywhere in the world.
Although this may include recipients of information located in countries where there may be a lower level of legal protection for your personal information than in your location country, we will protect your information in accordance with requirements applicable to your information. By using this website you explicitly consent to the transfer of your personal information and other information to the United States and elsewhere for the purposes and uses described herein.
IDT information collection
IDT collects and may retain personal information you give to us; for example, we may ask you to provide personal information when you:
- Use our website;
- Request quotes, services, support, or information;
- Place orders for products or services;
- Apply for credit or financing;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes, or other promotional activities;
- Subscribe to newsletters, promotional emails, or other materials;
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV, or create a candidate profile; or
- Contact us.
When you do provide information to IDT we may ask for information such as your email address, name, organization address, and telephone number. If you make a purchase we may ask for your credit card information and additional billing information. In order to process a credit or financing request we may ask for your Social Security number and other data. Information requested from job applicants may include information such as educational background, current employment experience, and previous employment experience. Additionally, IDT may also request demographic information, such as business or company information, interests, and preferences.
Forms that you may complete will indicate whether the information requested is mandatory or voluntary. At certain locations on IDT’s website, you will have to provide IDT with the requested personal information before you can order products or participate in the website’s activities and/or offerings.
We may collect information about your visits to our website, including the pages you view, search terms you enter, the links you click, and other actions you take while using IDT’s website. IDT may collect certain information from the browser you used to come to our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website, and to which URL you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
IDT’s use of collected information
IDT will use collected personal information to:
- Deliver the services and support, or carry out the transactions, you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as product safety information, your transactions status (for example, order confirmations), information about products and services available from IDT and its corporate affiliates, promotional offers and surveys;
- Deliver personalized email marketing materials based on your visits to IDTDNA.COM;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms, and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, our business, or our products or services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
How IDT shares information
IDT does not share personal information to outside companies and organizations unless one of the following circumstances apply:
Authorized third parties
Disclosures required by law
IDT, as required by law, may provide personal information to law enforcement, government contract administrators, and/or judicial authorities. IDT will disclose personal information if required by court order, subpoena, or if required to comply with law enforcement investigations or government contract compliance reviews. IDT reserves the right to provide personal information to law enforcement if IDT reasonably believes it is necessary to protect IDT, its customers, or the public.
Access and control
IDT’s goal is to be clear with the information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. IDT wants to ensure the accuracy of your personal information and you can update your personal information with IDT at any time. However, because we keep track of certain transaction information, such as past purchases, for legal compliance purposes, we may not be able to delete certain information. To view or edit your personal information that has been stored online in your IDT "My Account", please visit the Order/My Account sections of the IDTDNA.COM website. For the security of your account, you will be required to sign in with your login ID and password.
Additionally, you may choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from IDT by indicating your preferences. Any marketing by IDT, or any third parties on behalf of IDT, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- The Order/My Account/Edit Personal Information sections on IDTDNA.COM allow you to choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from IDTDNA.COM, and to subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters about our products and services; and
- You can also email Advertising@idtdna.com and request to be removed from our advertising and marketing lists (catalogs, telephone, faxes, and email). Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. Because some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are scheduled in advance, you may sometimes receive solicitations after we receive your preference request.
Children’s personal information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 through our websites.
All website activity is subject to the following:
- A persistent cookie to track user country location.
- A session cookie.
- Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com).
- Marketo Web Analytics (www.marketo.com).
- HTML5 local storage.
A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising in various ways. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit our website from a particular advertisement or make a purchase from our website after viewing a particular advertisement, or they may tell us when a web page is viewed and provide a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons may also measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened, and determining how many times an email message is forwarded.
IDT or third parties with whom we have contracted or subcontracted, may use web beacons on our website, in our emails, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others' emails. We may allow third parties to compile individual information or aggregated statistics from the use of web beacons on IDTDNA.com. We prohibit web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to access your personal information
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
1710 Commercial Park
Coralville, IA 52241
You may also email us at email@example.com, in Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in Asia at email@example.com.
Updates and effective date